Collection of Personal Information
We require some personal information from you (such as name, address, telephone number, email address etc) when you complete registration or enquiry forms, purchase shop products, submit comments to the Site, participate in products reviews and other such user-generated content facilities or send emails to us. Please do not submit your personal information to us if you do not wish us to collect it.
Collection of other Information/Cookies
- Shopping online through our website
- Navigating through our forum
- Logging in to Your Account
- Managing to customise the content of our website
- Sharing your thoughts and comments
- Providing you with support flash banners and video content
If you choose not to receive our cookies, usually you can alter the settings of your browser to erase cookies or prevent automatic acceptance if you prefer; however, we cannot guarantee that your experience with the Site will be as quick or responsive as if you do receive cookies. Different browsers differ in their settings name or abbreviations but the following common based guide would be helpful in case you prefer to block the acceptance of cookies:
For computer browsers:
- Select any of these from your main browser's task bar - Tools/ Settings/ Options or Preferences
- (Optional) Click the Internet Options or Under the Bonnet tab
- Click the Privacy tab
- Choose the settings you want
- Click Apply or X and then OK
For mobile browsers:
- iOS - Settings, Safari, Accept Cookies, Choose your preferred settings
- Android - Start browser application, Menu , More options, Settings , Tick or Clear Accept cookies
Meanwhile, a web beacon is a small graphic image placed on a web page that is designed to allow us to monitor traffic on the Site.
The information collected by cookies and web beacons is NOT personally identifiable; it includes general information about your computer settings, your connection to the Internet e.g. operating system and platform, IP address, your browsing patterns and timings of browsing on the Site and geographical location.
Use of your Information
By using this Site, you agree that we may collect, hold, process and use your information (including personal information) for the purpose of providing you with the Site services and developing our business which shall include (without limitation):
- Verifying your identity (for example when you return to the Site)
- Informing you about the latest changes to the Site, or products, services or promotional offers that you might find interesting
- Dealing with, and responding to you about, a comment you have submitted for or on our message boards, blogs and other such user generated content facilities
- Enabling you to share our content with others e.g. using our Email a friend and Share this article facilities
- Informing you if you have been successful in any Site competitions or promotions
- Compiling customer reviews
- Conducting market research
- Carrying out statistical, technical and logistical analysis
Where the Oral Health Foundation proposes using your personal information for any other uses we will ensure that we notify you first. You will also be given the opportunity to withhold or withdraw your consent for the use of your personal information for purposes other than those listed above.
The personal information we learn from you as shop customers helps us to handle orders, deliver products and services, process payments, communicate with you about orders, products, services and promotional offers. They are also used to update our records and generally maintain your accounts with us as well as helping us to prevent or detect fraud or abuses of our website and enable third parties to carry out technical, logistical or other functions on our behalf.
Offensive or inappropriate content on the Oral Health Foundation website
If you post or send offensive, inappropriate or objectionable content on the Oral Health Foundation website or otherwise engage in any disruptive behaviour on any Oral Health Foundation's online service, the Oral Health Foundation might decide to use your personal information to stop such behaviour.
Where the Oral Health Foundation reasonably believes that you are or may be in breach of any of the laws of England and Wales (or the laws in your respective countries of residence), for instance, because the content you have posted could be perceived as defamatory, the Oral Health Foundation could take your personal information to inform relevant third parties such as your employer, school email/internet provider or law enforcement agencies about the content and your behaviour.
Safeguards and Security
No data transmission over the internet can be entirely secure, so we do not guarantee the security of your personal information and/or use of the Site. However, we use reasonable endeavours to protect the security of your personal information from unauthorised access or use by using encryption technology. In addition to these safeguards, your personal information is protected in the UK by the Data Protection Act 1998. This provides that the information which we hold about you should be processed fairly and lawfully, should be accurate, relevant and not excessive, not be retained for longer than is necessary and, if applicable, be kept up to date. For more information on the Data Protection Act 1998 and your related rights please see the Government website about Data Protection.
Accessing Your Personal Information
The Oral Health Foundation
2 East Union Street